ServiceMaster Metropolitan | News & Tips

Fire Damage Restoration and Smoke and Soot Removal in West Milford, NJ and the Precautionary Measures That Can Help Prevent Fires While Cooking or Using the Microwave Oven

May 11th, 2016 · No Comments

Fires can cause a lot of damage to your property. In such a situation, it will become necessary to hire a professional firm to work on fire damage restoration and smoke and soot removal in West Milford, NJ and across Northern New Jersey. A professional company can make sure that everything is restored and problems such as mold growth and water damage resulting from firefighting efforts can be prevented.

But it is possible to prevent such fires from starting in the first place by staying alert and taking a few simple steps. In the following sections, we will look at some of the precautionary steps you can take to prevent fires while cooking and using your microwave oven.

Precautions to Prevent Fires While Using a Microwave Oven

  • Make sure that you’re using cookware that is microwave safe. In addition, avoid using metal objects or aluminum foil in your microwave oven.
  • When making popcorn, do not run the oven unattended as the buildup of heat inside the oven can result in a fire.
  • If a fire starts inside the microwave oven, you should immediately turn it off. When the oven is turned off, the fan inside will also stop running and the fire will not get the required oxygen to keep burning.

Preventing Kitchen Fires

According to statistics, one of the leading causes of fires in the home are kitchen fires. Here are some things you can do to prevent kitchen fires:

  • Keep things that can easily catch fire such as food packaging, curtains, oven mitts, towels, and wooden utensils at a safe distance from the stovetop.
  • Wear rolled up, short, or tight fitting sleeves while cooking. This reduces the risk of loose clothing accidentally catching fire.
  • If a grease fire occurs, avoid using a fire extinguisher to put it out, since that will only lead to spreading the fire even further. Similarly, do not use water to extinguish a grease fire.
  • If a small grease fire flares up in a pan, slide a lid over it and switch off the burner. Leave it until the pan cools off.

If you’ve been through the traumatic experience of a fire in your home, you can prevent further property loss by hiring a restoration firm.

The staff at ServiceMaster Metropolitan have the necessary knowledge to perform fire damage restoration and smoke and soot removal in West Milford, NJ and can return normalcy to your life as quickly as possible.

Our technicians carry out restoration work according to set standards aimed at achieving the best results. We also have the latest equipment and devices to perform restoration tasks of any scale with competency.

 Give us a call on our emergency fire restoration number at 1.855.560.7999 and we will immediately send a team to your home, analyze the fire damage, and develop a plan of action to start the necessary restoration tasks.

 

Tags: Fire Damage Restoration · Smoke and Soot Removal ·


 

0 responses so far ↓

  • There are no comments yet. Begin by filling out the form below.

Leave a Comment